Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer)
The Quality Assurance Engineer provides support to the Quality Assurance & Safety Director in monitoring and the development of the quality management system of PF Maintenance and Engineering Division to ensure highest quality of aircraft maintenance is provided in a safe and cost effective manner. The Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) main responsibility is to ensure compliance with GCAA Airworthiness Regulations, and to monitor that the high standards demanded by PF are continuously retained.
- The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for monitoring the PF Maintenance and Engineering Division to ensure effective maintenance is performed for all PF aircrafts, is compliant with GCAA Regulations, published procedures and PF engineering procedures and standards.
- Raises and amends from time to time Quality Directives, and Safety non conformities as required.
- Liaises with GCAA in coordination with the QASD on all matters concerning airworthiness and LAME licensing.
- In coordination with the QASD, liaises with M&E management on the requirements for technical training and the standards of such, as applied to relevant staff approval authority.
- Provides Quality Maintenance training as required.
- Audits any training courses as required and provides findings and recommendations.
- Responsible for carrying out audits and surveys on PF maintenance and engineering sections in accordance with the audit program; monitor compliance with published policy and procedures and PF standards.
- Carries out audits and surveys on PF vendors, both proposed and approved on regular basis in accordance with the audit plan.
- Carries out audits on contracted maintenance organizations in accordance with the audit plan.
- Carries out a maintenance audit on all the aircraft undergoing scheduled maintenance at base or away from base, including the maintenance control system.
- Carries out audits on fuel farms as per audit plan and as deemed necessary by the QASD.
- Investigates requests from Maintenance and Planning Sections for extensions to inspection periods, concessions, deviations and issues the approval in accordance with procedures.
- Investigates and raises reports on noncompliance, airworthiness deviations and any discrepancies which may have a negative impact on PF operation.
- Analyses all technical delays and initiates actions or procedures to improve dispatch performance to the highest level possible.
- Monitors airworthiness directives for applicability, action and ensure inclusion in the AD database.
- Monitors tech logs for correct certification and completeness.
- Monitors the control of repetitive defects.
- Monitors the control of ADDs and BDDs.
- Monitors, controls and updates Minimum Equipment Lists.
- Routinely monitors health and safety subjects particularly during audits.
- Controls PF forms in accordance with the published procedures.
- Attends meetings, and sits on committees as required by Quality Assurance & Safety Director.
- Carries out approval examinations as required.
- Controls the company approval system in accordance with published procedures.
- Monitors the continuation training and recency of authorization as per procedures
Aircraft Responsibilities for QAE’s are as follows:
- QAM- Base Maintenance: B737-800 and B787
- QAE : A320 and B777,.
- Work as a backup for Quality Manager as required.
- Performs Airworthiness review and issues ARC on all PF aircraft . (It must be ensured that ARS is independent of involvement in day-to-day continuous airworthiness management tasks and not allowed to issue a CRS on behalf of a Part 145 organization for the aircraft being reviewed)
- Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with external and internal bodies to facilitate the successful accomplishment of business objectives. (Example: the Engineering & Maintenance Team, Safety Team, GCAA, etc…)
- Updates job knowledge to stay abreast of new changes and requirements by participating in any possible appropriate method (GCAA, conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations).
ICAO type II license on two categories, nominated and approved by GCAA on large aircraft.
Experience & Knowledge:
Essential: Knowledge of GCAA, EASA, FAA general rules and regulations
Knowledge experience of a functioning maintenance organization
5 years experience as approved LAE
3 years On the Job Training as Quality Assurance Engineer; or 3 years as Quality Assurance engineer.
Desirable: Trained on corporate jet aircraft
IOSA/ISAGO or IS-BAO trained.
Essential: Good oral and written English and Arabic. Ability to systemize cases.
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Job Role: Engineering
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience : Min: 3 Max: 8
- Residence Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Gender: Male
- Degree: Bachelor's degree