Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Avionics License Aircraft Engineer
The License Aircraft Engineer is responsible for providing timely, efficient and accurate diagnoses, rectification & maintenance services (scheduled and unscheduled) of Presidential Flight aircraft, at both line and base to ensure continual functioning of PF aircrafts, to reach high levels of operational and safety standards in adherence to Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) procedures and GCAA requirements at highest customer satisfaction rates.
- The LAE is responsible for the maintenance of PF flights to ensure full time serviceability at highest safety and operational levels in adherence to (AMM) procedures & GCAA requirements.
Type Rated on B777, B787 and A 320
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance, modification and defect rectification in accordance with the laid down procedures and ensuring all safety precautions are observed and no disruption to the services caused by late release of aircraft from maintenance or poor trouble shooting of defects.
- Accompanies aircraft as a flying LAE for turnaround inspections, maintenance functions and defects rectification.
- Acts as a point of contact on technical issues away from base.
- Monitors maintenance service providers during routine & non-routine maintenance work away from base.
- Supervises other LAEs, LATs and other maintenance workers on aircraft maintenance checks at base.
- Carries out A/C security duties as required by Presidential Flight Policy.
- Participates in Pre-input meetings, AMP review board as required.
- Supervises cargo loading in the absence of a loadmaster on a flight.
- Provides status of aircraft to MCC on the serviceability status of aircraft on a daily basis.
- Performs Maintenance Controller duties when rostered to do so; monitors the serviceability of the aircraft at base and outstations.
- Arranges work required when accompanying a aircraft for the control of Snow, Ice, Dust and Sand Contaminations to ensure it is as per the set standards; verifies the flight fitness and arranges repeat actions as required in accordance with the Aircraft Operations Manual.
- Participates in the mentoring program of the newly appointed national staff.
- Assists as required in the UAE national development program.
- Keeps up-to-date with Modification status of the aircraft authorized on, Technical notices, Quality directives, and MMO&E & PPM.
- Carries out research and enquiries with Technical records & library, Planning & development Engineering, computer system and reads all relevant documents, instructions and manuals thus keeping himself current of all technical, procedural and regulatory developments.
- Monitors own licenses and authorizations are valid at all times to ensure validity at all times.
- Updates job knowledge by staying abreast with all local new laws, GCAA requirements, professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
- Keeps management advised of potential problem areas, recommends and implements change as appropriate.
- Adheres to PF policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as reasonably expected.
- Deputizes for SLAE during his absence as necessary.
Formal technical qualification in basic Aircraft Maintenance
Essential: Hold an aircraft maintenance License (Not Necessarily ICAO type II), which can be converted to a UAE GCAA license
- Duel category license on two aircraft types Human Factors training
- Fuel Tank Safety and Entry Training Phase 1 and phase II
- Electrical Wiring Interconnect System
- MEL training
- Human Factor
Desirable: Supervisory training
Experience & Knowledge:
Essential: Five years experience as an approved LAE
- Type Rated on B777, B787 and A 320
- Knowledge of technical and safety procedures
- Computer Literacy
Desirable: Additional experience in wide body Aircraft
- Project Management Training
Fluent in oral and written English
- Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Job Role: Engineering
- Joining Date: 2018-11-18
- Employment Status: Full time
- Employment Type: Employee
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Years of Experience : Min: 5 Max: 10
- Residence Location: United Arab Emirates
- Nationality: United Arab Emirates
- Degree: Bachelor's degree